Gifts given to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)’s ummah in the Holy Month of Ramadan
What kind of gifts have been given to Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) ummah in the Holy Month of Ramadan?
As narrated in the hadith, in the Holy Month of Ramadan, five divine gifts have been given to the Muslim Ummah.
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) declared to His companions that:
“Five gifts have been given to my Ummah in the month of Ramadan that they haven’t been given to any of the prophets before me:
1. When it is the first night of Ramadan, Allah (swt) looks at my Ummah with a glance of mercy. Allah doesn’t punish eternally whom He looks at with a glance of mercy.
2. When they reach the evening, the smell of their mouths is more beautiful than the smell of musk (a kind of nice smell) before Allah (swt).
3. Angels ask Allah for their forgiveness every day and night.
4. Allah (swt) commands the paradise as following: “Get ready and adorned for my servants. Their getting rid of the worldly hardships and coming to My bounty for rest have come closer.”
5. When it is the end of the night, Allah (swt) forgives them all.“
One of the companions present there asked: “Is that night Laylat-ul Qadr (the Night of Power)?
Our Beloved Prophet (pbuh) responded:
“No. Do you not see the employees? When they work and finish their work, they are paid precisely.” (Bayhaqi)